Most indoor leagues do not allow rescheduling of games due to the dificulties involved in managing the field time and the disruption to the schedule for the other teams. We do allow reschedules but have to charge the requesting team a small fee ($20 which is about $2 per player for most teams) to discourage people from rescheduling games when they don't NEED to.
If you can't show up for your scheduled game but either can't see an alterantive timeslot that works for you or simply don't want to pay the fee (i.e. you'd rather treat our league like the others where re-scheduling isn't allowed) that is fine - please please just let us know you're not coming in advance so we can try to find a team to replace you so your opponent doesn't lose out on playing a game and the game will be scored as a 6-0 win for your opponent.
If you do want to reschedule a game, here is how to do it:
1) Go to the schedule for your league.
2) Click on "open" anywhere in the schedule to see the list of open timeslots.
3) Write down 3 that work for you.
4) Fill in the Reschedule Request form at http://tournamart.com/index.php/2015-06-28-02-26-09/reschedule-request
5) Pay the non-refundable $20 rescheduling fee (unless specifically told not to) by following the instructions on that form. You can alterantively pay it at http://tournamart.com/index.php/2015-06-28-02-26-09/tournamart-general-payment but either way it must be paid before the next step happens.
6) Watch for an email from Ed to you and your opponent with instructions to talk to each other until you agree on a new timeslot or decide to stick with the original. You do not need to stick to the 3 timeslots originally suggested by the requesting teamn, either team can suggest other "open" timeslots.
7) Check the schedule again to make sure the timeslot you want is still "open".
8) Do a Reply-All to the original Reschedule Request email to tell Ed the new timeslot if you want the game moved.
9) Make sure you get a reply from Ed after the game is moved telling you the reschedule is complete.
Note that if you cannot agree on a new timeslot, the rescheduling fee is not refunded. That is to encourage requesting coaches to accept times that work for their opponent even if inconvenient for them.
Also note that all reschedules MUST be completed (i.e. the game moved to a new timeslot) by 2 days before game day so we have time to find a team to replace you in the scheduled game if a new timeslot cannot be agreed upon.
It is entirely up to the requesting coach to make sure all of the above steps are followed and the reschedule is completed at least 1 week before the original game day.
Examples of the above working to stop 7 reschedules ocuring within a 2 week period late Feb/early Mar 2017 (club/team names and game days/times redacted):
|Initial Reschedule Inquiry Email:||Final Response Email after the above was explained and result in bold/green:|
|1)||Our club was wondering if there were any options to move our games on <date>? Our club is headed to Michigan that weekend for a Futsal Tournament. It looks like our teams take up a whole field by their selves that night. Not sure if there is anyway to find a night where SAS has an open field and we can ask the teams to play that evening. You would be able to cancel the refs on <date> for that 1 court and hopefully move them to a new date for our teams (if the other clubs agree).
We are open to options, if there are any options available.
Our schedule for <date> is below.
We spoke to the Teams on Monday night, and they agreed to play the games that evening. No changes will be necessary.
So none of the 5 games were rescheduled.
|2)||I need to reschedule the following games for <club-team>. Games are below
Please advice on how I can go about this?
|Ill probably keep the other two and get a coach to cover
So just 1 of the 3 games was rescheduled.